Commercial HVAC Repair in Atlanta, GA
J.R. Hobbs Co. For All Your Commercial HVAC Repair Needs
If you’re a business owner and your commercial building’s HVAC system begins unexpectedly acting up, we know you can’t afford to wait for repairs to be completed. An improperly functioning HVAC system will most likely result in a decrease in employee productivity and poor customer experiences, ultimately hurting your business. J.R. Hobbs Co. offers 24/7 emergency commercial HVAC repairs to ensure you, your employees, and your customers never have to deal with Atlanta, GA heat inside your commercial building.
Signs Your HVAC May Need Repairs
HVACs are hardworking systems that are susceptible to various malfunctions over time. Though it would be more ideal if your commercial HVAC never needed repairs, these inconveniences are unavoidable. If you find yourself in need of commercial HVAC repair, the seasoned professionals at J.R. Hobbs Co. would be happy to assist you! Unsure if your HVAC needs repair? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Sudden rise in energy bills – This is usually the very first sign that your commercial HVAC is malfunctioning. A spike in energy costs can be brought on by numerous reasons, which is why it’s best to call on professionals to take a look at your system as soon as you realize that your energy bills are unusually high.
- The unit is not cooling correctly – This is a fairly common problem that HVAC owners typically fail to realize until it’s too late. This is often due to a failed compressor and a relatively easy fix compared to other system breakdowns.
- Inconsistent airflow – Does your office feel increasingly stuffier? Your ducts may be blocked in a way that is preventing air from flowing through them properly. Our technicians can come to take a look and decipher if a routine cleaning will need to be done or if any ductwork needs to be repaired.
- Strange noises – Grinding or squealing noises coming from your HVAC unit is a tell-tale sign that something has gone wrong with your system. The sudden noises could be due to several things, such as a need for lubrication, broken motor bearings, or misplaced belts. Don’t wait to contact a professional if you notice odd sounds coming from your system, as ignoring these problems can result in costly commercial HVAC repair.
- Unpleasant smells – If you notice any odor coming from your system, reach out to professionals immediately. This could indicate mold or other types of fungi growth, which ultimately effects air quality and can be hazardous to you, your employees, and customers.
At J.R. Hobbs Co., we have witnessed just about every HVAC failure and are well-versed in quickly fixing the issues at hand. If you notice any of the problems listed above in your building, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for your commercial HVAC repair needs.
Common HVAC Problems
While there are some DIY repairs you can perform on your HVAC system, many issues that arise will need to be managed by a trained professional. Some of the most common commercial HVAC problems include:
- Lack of maintenance – Regularly scheduled maintenance by a licensed service contractor is essential to keeping your commercial HVAC system running properly. Nearly every potential problem can be avoided if your system is professionally maintained, so don’t neglect your system and wind up having to spend thousands of dollars on costly breakdowns.
- Dirty filters – Replacing a dirty filter is one of the simplest things you can do to avoid costly commercial HVAC repair. Dirty filters restrict airflow and don’t allow your system to work as efficiently as it should. Any of our professionals at J.R. Hobbs Co. can refer you to the correct filter size for your system.
- Pilot or ignition issues – These problems can arise from various system issues and should be diagnosed and handled by a professional to ensure you do not have to deal with dangerous elements like high voltage and natural gas.
- Mechanical wear and tear – There are many complicated components within your system that can affect your unit’s performance. When there are malfunctions with the mechanical parts of your HVAC, overheating, poor air flow, or heating issues can arise. Seasoned professionals will be able to diagnose what is going on with the mechanics of your HVAC and perform maintenance on any internal matters.
- Thermostat malfunction – Many times, it may seem like there is an issue with your commercial HVAC system when, in reality, the actual problem is coming from your thermostat. This is typically an easy fix and won’t break your bank.
- Blown fuses or tripped breakers – These types of problems are normally caused by a blower that is being overworked. Things like dirty filters, duct leaks, dirty coils, and other blockages in airflow will cause your system to work harder than it needs to, thus creating an overcompensation and malfunction.
Dirty condenser or evaporator coils – If you feel like your system isn’t cooling as well as it should, it may be due to a dirty condenser or evaporator coil. Dirt and debris will clog your HVAC’s parts, making your system wear out much quicker than it regularly would. J.R. Hobbs Co. will make sure to clean dirty coils and condensers so your HVAC can return to operating at full efficiency.
- Continuously running blower – This can be caused by the fan relay of your system sticking, which will not allow your blower to turn off properly. In most cases, the limits and safeties within your system experience a malfunction that hinders them from turning off when needed, making the blower run continuously for no reason. Employing trained professionals is your best bet in this type of situation, as they can offer commercial HVAC repair options to fix the problem.
- Water leaks – HVAC systems produce condensation, and drain pipes are put in place to ensure proper system drainage. If drain lines are clogged or cracked, a surplus of water can build up and damage your system. A service technician should be contacted to see if the leakage is coming from the pipes, collector box, evaporator drain pan, or heat exchanger. Identifying the source of the problem will help determine the proper course of action for commercial HVAC repair.
If you need commercial HVAC repair in the Atlanta, GA area, please reach out to us right away. At J.R. Hobbs Co., we are ready to assist you with any of your commercial HVAC repair needs. If you’re unsure if your system requires immediate repair, you can request an appointment to help us understand your concerns and what we can do to help in your time of need.
Your HVAC Specialist
- In Business Since 1971
- Honest Upfront Estimates
- Fast & Flexible Scheduling
- Factory Trained Technicians
- Emergency Service Available
- $35 Residential Service Calls